Good for very junior, not for experienced, think twice before you come.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Hartford, CT (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Hartford, CT (US)

I have been working at Travelers Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good mentoring program and on-going training for junior professionals, some very good people in this field, but almost all gone in the past 4 years. It is actually a good place to pick up career fast and leave for even better place in about 2-3 years.

Cons

Working hard is recognized "verbally", but that's it. This company is not encouraging innovation, it is actually extremely conservative such that so many people just want to stay safe until retirement day and get their pension. Career advancement and financial rewards has 0 correlation with how good your work is. The compensation is OK for this particular industry, but not even comparable with other industries that can use my talents. I came from another industry and my current bonus still can't match what I got 4 years ago as a junior analyst. So, as some reviews said, think twice before join.

Other Reviews for Travelers Companies

TBD

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Travelers Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company overall. Senior leadership seems to have it together

Cons

very frugal. Shareholder is king - this is evident in every element of business decisions

tbd

Too long to be in the same position

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at Travelers Companies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits. Fortune 200 company. Nice people who are loyal to the company

Cons

No work life balance. Travelers is a good company to work for but yet you get caught up in working hard for a possible bonus only to find out you aren't getting one! You could sit in the same position for years and thats a okay with management.

Employees matter! Work harder to make everyone feel like you appreciate what they contribute and it doesn't have to always be in the form of money but even a simple kudos you are doing great. Keep yp the good work. That goes a long way.

There are newer employer reviews for Travelers Companies.

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!