TripAdvisor

www.tripadvisor.com

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Newton, MA (US)

ProsStarted when part of Expedia. I loved the benefits and perks. We lost some perks when spinning off from Expedia. When I started, the company was smaller, teams were about 1/3 of the size they are now and I felt as though the treated their employees like gold....with mediocre pay but awesome bonus structure. Snacks, lunches, outings etc are great...but not enough to create career satisfaction.

ConsVery poor management and very top heavy. "Lead by example" is not something practiced here. Nothing is confidential with your manager or HR. Teams are heavily micro-managed. Individuals who are successful in their positions are encouraged to stay in their position. Management is incredibly short sighted thinking you're best for the company at status quo instead of grooming you for greater things. They have lost many talented people due to this practice. Poor performers are consistently promoted due to "friendships" they have with senior management. That being said, promotion from within is incredibly limited especially when considering upward mobility within your own team. Morale is incredibly low. Annual raises are below industry standards and below cost of living adjustments.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house. The idea that you can find better outside the company for positions instead of within your own 4 walls is shortsighted. No one responds to the confidential surveys honestly. My team is "coached" on how to respond...on every survey you send out. Have employees review their managers and their manager's managers in the way they review themselves. Confidentially; and not TA confidentially but truly confidentially.

Less than perfect!

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time

Pros: Bosses are very nice and approachable, compensation balances the work… Cons: It gets too silent at most of the times Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great benefits, lots of perks, exciting projects - lots of energy!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Newton, MA (US)

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for less than a year

Pros: - Amazing benefits - Great company perks - daily/in the office as well as events held for employees - Things move very quickly. - … Cons: - Much of the communication between departments is done via email instant messaging… Advice to Senior Management: - Much of the communication between departments is done via email instant messaging… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on TripAdvisor.

Worked for TripAdvisor? Contribute to the Community!