Turn

www.turn.com
  www.turn.com
There are newer employer reviews for Turn

Great and friendly people, interesting work, and management that looks out for you

Current Employee - Engineer in Redwood City, CA (US)
Current Employee - Engineer in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Turn full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome friendly, mature yet young-at-heart people. Advice and expertise are freely given. Everyone functions as a team, and politics seldom if ever get in the way. Nothing is shrouded from the employees. All business decisions as well as financial information is readily available and distributed so that everyone feels in the loop. Great work problems, with the ability to work on your own projects if you choose. A responsive management that works hard to make things better for the employees.

Cons

I have a wish-list a mile long of things I would like to do. We are getting through it, but if only we had more people...

More flexibility on the timeline once a project is underway. I have already communicated this with management and discussions are happening.

42 Other Employee Reviews for Turn (View Most Recent)

Best company I've ever worked at

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Turn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing company culture with daily catered lunch, flexible vacation, gym reimbursement, beautiful offices, and organizational transparency. Some of the smartest people I've met at any tech company, from the assistants to the exec board. Pay is above market. Stock options included for a company that is growing very fast and destined for a successful and exciting exit.

Cons

very lengthy and thorough interview process, which can also be viewed as a Pro

Even as the headcount of the company grows, continue to maintain the very high quality of new employees

At Very Large Scale, the Fun Begins

Current Employee - Architect in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Architect in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Turn full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A great company keeps the balance between executing like an army and innovating like free jazz improvs. I believe Turn is such a company. I like that we have a vision and a great team to execute it. But at the same time we're innovating and exploring outside of our core goals. I also love the team I work with. Smart but also great people to hang out with. And finally as a history buff, I love our HQ which is a 100-year old building and used to be frequented by Wyatt Earp!

Cons

Turn has growing pains. This manifests in both frustration of not able to materialize great ideas fast enough, as well as being pulled in one too many directions.

Keep open communication between departments so we don't develop "fiefdoms" with interest only in themselves rather than the company. Build a global company culture now that the sun doesn't set on Turn.

There are newer employer reviews for Turn