TxDOT
www.dot.state.tx.us Austin, TX 5000+ Employees

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
Austin, TX (US)

I worked at TxDOT full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEvery day is about the same. Most coworkers great. On site cafeteria (headquarters). Decent benefits.

ConsManagement has just outsourced all of IT, I just lost my state job, state benefits and now a contractor. Not enough longevity to retire. Pay still not compensatory with responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow can you add seven or so positions that pay over 100k a year, then eliminate the every day worker bee jobs? Why aren't the taxpayers outraged at this lavish spending spree? Throwing money at a problem rarely makes it go away. I think in a year or two TxDOTwill still be whining about not having enough money to build roads and bridges. But we will have many new highly paid executives to send to the legislature with their hands out, begging for more road money.

There are newer reviews on TxDOT.

Worked for TxDOT? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TxDOT reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by TxDOT employees.