Better then the majority of companies!

Current Employee - Operations Manager
Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, excellent work/life balance, culture of process improvement.

Cons

Pay could be much better and insurance benefits offer little coverage with high cost.

There are many wonderful things about U.S. Bank, but the medical benefits are greatly lacking!

Other Reviews for U.S. Bank

Im so happy that next week is my last week working here!

Current Employee - In-store Banker II  in  Corona, CA (US)
    Current Employee - In-store Banker II in Corona, CA (US)

I have been working at U.S. Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

they sometimes pay you for milage and thats about it.

Cons

There are so many cons, I don’t even know where to start! I been working in an in-store for almost two years and at first I thought it was ok, but now I can’t wait to get out of here! About 2 months ago I got promoted to banker two and they raised my pay to 14.25 (from 12.60), I then found out that Banker 1’s who just got hired and weren’t even making their goals were getting paid more than me. I worked my but off for this company and they pay me and others like crap. They over work us, a lot of the time we work 9.5 hours with NO LUNCHES! They want us to go above and beyond with our goals but the pay isn’t worth it and everyone in the in store division agrees with this. For example, Full time goals are 6,500 points a month and if you make 15,000 points that’s only $200 extra. Thank Jesus I’m leaving this company!

You will probably get paid more at another company

Great Experience but not a Career

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at U.S. Bank full-time

Pros

US Bank provides a stable pay check and an ok benefits package. As a recent college grad I was given the opportunity to learn and grow in the financial world.

Cons

The training was lack luster and I was throne into a position with little idea of what was truly expected of me and left to figure it out on my own. As time progressed the "rough patch" my office was going through with turnover seemed to be more of a consistent battle across the whole district and not just one office. You will work like crazy and they expect you as a manager on salary to pick up all the slack no matter how short you are. They are a 100% number driven company with little concern for the people behind the numbers. The bonus opportunity is quite limited and you must meet criteria in many categories before earning bonus. The only real bonus to be made is for those that are producing int he top 10% of the company which can be highly dependent on the location of your office.

Restructure the pay and bonus scale to be more competitive. Staff your offices properly and take your eyes off the number long enough to think about the people producing those numbers n the ground level. A little bit of positive reinforcement goes a long way.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!