U.S. Bank

www.usbank.com

Wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Teller  in  Columbus, OH (US)
Current Employee - Teller in Columbus, OH (US)

Pros

The branch manager is the best manager I've had at any job. He genuinely cares for the well-being of his employees and he loves to see them reach goals. He is helpful and can contribute great feedback. The tellers, the banker, and the CSM I work with all have great personalities and are a fun group of people. I love it.

Cons

I can't say anything negative. It's not the highest salary but I love my job.

Other reviews for U.S. Bank

Better then the majority of companies!

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, excellent work/life balance, culture of process improvement.

Cons

Pay could be much better and insurance benefits offer little coverage with high cost.

There are many wonderful things about U.S. Bank, but the medical benefits are greatly lacking!

great leadership in industry

Current Employee - Personal Banker
    Current Employee - Personal Banker

Pros

bank is well positioned. best products/ rates in the business. improving computer systems and programs.

Cons

company is moving away from service and more concerned with sales. as a banker 70% of my day was service and 30% sales. Now expected to be 90% sales. moving toward bank models like Wells Fargo that bombard cutomers with solicitations at every contact. more and more negative experience for customer. pay is average but i consider the position to be underpaid at all banks. Also, not willing to train talented employees for new positions. it is impossible to move into other areas of bank because they do not hire without experience (ie home mortgage dept, investments, underwriting).

profitability is a concern for all banks but remember why people prefer USBank to others: don't get harrassed for new products at every opportunity. also, personal bankers do the most work and are responsible for generating more profit. recognize them for that and pay accordingly. be willing to train outstanding employees for other positions to help them further their careers.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!