UC Berkeley
www.berkeley.edu Berkeley, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Great team, good research

Assistant Specialist (Current Employee)
Berkeley, CA (US)

I have been working at UC Berkeley full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat minds in the California PATH research program, very good environment, a good deal for me to experience research before possibly applying for a PhD position. A lot of freedom to learn in different programming areas.

ConsThe salary of a temporary position (less than one year) assistant specialist step 1 is twice or three times less than the one I could expect in the Silicon Valley.

Great science

I have been working at UC Berkeley

Pros: great access to instruments, scientific resources Cons: slow publishing due to advisor More

Engaging opportunity public relations

Campus Ambassador (Former Employee)
Berkeley, CA (US)

I worked at UC Berkeley part-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible hours decent part-time pay for students ability to refine marketing communications and… Cons: Unruly homeless people will attempt to derail your tours. Young students… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate more often with lower level employees make them a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on UC Berkeley.

Worked for UC Berkeley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UC Berkeley reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UC Berkeley CEO Nicholas B. Dirks. All reviews posted anonymously by UC Berkeley employees.