There are newer employer reviews for UK National Health Service

Working for the NHS

Current Employee - IT Service Desk Assistant in Northampton, England (UK)
Current Employee - IT Service Desk Assistant in Northampton, England (UK)

I have been working at UK National Health Service

Pros

I love working here because it's the best pay that I've ever know. It combines my two loves, computers and people. Working here gives me great satisfaction, knowing that I'm helping people everyday and that I could be saving someones life, by making sure that our PC's are up and running correctly. We are in a very close-knit team of about 9 people and I love it. Everyone gets along and is friendly and it is just a great place to be. Im proud to say that I work for the NHS, it's better than saying that I work at McDonalds or somewhere like that. That had to be the most embarrassing point of my life!!! But it's absolutely wicked working here. I would recommend it any day.

Cons

I suppose the only thing about this place that I don't like is I don't really get any feedback about how I'm doing. I asked the other day as I wanted to know. My manager said to me that we only really tell you how you are doing when you are doing something wrong. If you are doing well, then we won't say anything to you. I don't think that's fair, and it's not motivational really.

Advice to Management

Tell us how we are doing. Just that really. Oh and more perks for putting up with stressy people would be good. Although the £17k p/a is a perk in itself really.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work

I worked at UK National Health Service

Pros

Fun place and people are accomodative

Cons

Not much learning happened, can improve the learning sessions

2. Crisis Worker

Current Contractor - Crisis Worker in Rotherham, England (UK)
    Current Contractor - Crisis Worker in Rotherham, England (UK)

I have been working at UK National Health Service as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Working for the leading health organisation in the World is an amazing feeling helping patients and families in various ways

Cons

Reduced funding has impacted of services by reducing staffing levels and causing the 18 week pathway to go out the window for operations

Advice to Management

Listen to patients, nurses and doctors views and don't look at budgets as patient & staff welfare is paramount

There are newer employer reviews for UK National Health Service