UK National Health Service

www.nhs.uk
There are newer employer reviews for UK National Health Service

Working for the NHS

Current Employee - IT Service Desk Assistant in Northampton, England (UK)
Current Employee - IT Service Desk Assistant in Northampton, England (UK)

I have been working at UK National Health Service

Pros

I love working here because it's the best pay that I've ever know. It combines my two loves, computers and people. Working here gives me great satisfaction, knowing that I'm helping people everyday and that I could be saving someones life, by making sure that our PC's are up and running correctly. We are in a very close-knit team of about 9 people and I love it. Everyone gets along and is friendly and it is just a great place to be. Im proud to say that I work for the NHS, it's better than saying that I work at McDonalds or somewhere like that. That had to be the most embarrassing point of my life!!! But it's absolutely wicked working here. I would recommend it any day.

Cons

I suppose the only thing about this place that I don't like is I don't really get any feedback about how I'm doing. I asked the other day as I wanted to know. My manager said to me that we only really tell you how you are doing when you are doing something wrong. If you are doing well, then we won't say anything to you. I don't think that's fair, and it's not motivational really.

Tell us how we are doing. Just that really. Oh and more perks for putting up with stressy people would be good. Although the £17k p/a is a perk in itself really.

34 Other Employee Reviews for UK National Health Service (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

I worked at UK National Health Service

Pros

Fun place and people are accomodative

Cons

Not much learning happened, can improve the learning sessions

Worked for over 30 years but in order to "encourage me to go"they made life so miserable that I ended off sick.

Former Employee - Nurse in Yeovil, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Nurse in Yeovil, England (UK)

I worked at UK National Health Service full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Biggest employer in the country.

Cons

Nurses and their managers. They may say they are carers but not to their own - i.e. the staff.
    Too much "ticking the boxes and paperwork" rather than caring for the clients.

Think about staff. They are the backbone of the organisation. Kick them too often and eventually they have to bring in the unions.

There are newer employer reviews for UK National Health Service