Good work, lots of opportunities for promotion

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at UPS part-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunities for promotion with a college degree. Working part time you receive full time benefits.

Cons

The hours depending on the shift are draining. The pay for this position is a little low.

Other Reviews for UPS

Job Review

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor  in  Alexandria, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Alexandria, VA (US)

I have been working at UPS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits, Compensation, Flexibility, Career Opportunities, Culture, Rewarding

Cons

Long Hours, Demanding, Things are never good enough,

Improve communication to the workforce.

Big Brown's Ripping starts today! 1.) They are the epitome of Corporate Arrogance at its finest/getting worse!!

Former Employee - Dangerous Goods Compliance Auditor  in  Vandalia, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Dangerous Goods Compliance Auditor in Vandalia, OH (US)

I worked at UPS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Healthcare and Benefits is about it!

Cons

A Santa Clause List worthy of No gifts under the tree for any of there VP's and Ceo's and the MGT! THey mislead us into believing we had job security when they made an acquisiton of our Co. in 2004 only 60 days later we were informed of Corporate decision to shutdown operations and move out of state! Our facility was brand new and state of the art at that time. When told by Corporate about our buyout/severance package it was take or leave it. Our last day UPS gives us our farewell packet of handouts.....one of them was a printout copy on how to apply to foodstamps. Wow, gee thanks coming from a fortune 500 co....it was devastating! Trying to get hired afterwards was problematic because they kicked out of there Co. database and outsourced our employee files to the worknumber.com which charges employers a fee to verify hire/end dates and in this day an age HR doesn't want to be causing out of pocket expense for Co's!! They offered us NO job placement and told the public/media we were all part-timers and thus weren't obligated to find us work but truth was the majority of us were full-time because UPS offered it to us if we wanted it! They exude Corporate arrogance to the Tee snap-fit an all! I was one of those FULL-TIME employees and after years of trying to get a leg up and have never been able to come close to what I once had before as I made about $20.00 hr an over 10 years service with them. They encouraged us hourlies to reapply at there local service centers but 7 years later I finally get a call for an interview and all they want to offer me is $10.50 an hr based on my all prior UPS experience and negate picking up where I left off for wages like it never even mattered! During this time not one hourly was called in for an interview for at least 2 years running with local service centers as the rumor was true......we were blacklisted! Thanks UPS! I knew this to be true because I had friends on the inside who worked at local service centers and spoke to them on a reg basis and they kept me informed. Just remember GM thought in there arrogance that they would never fall......you're next big brown to be flushed down!

The mgt tier especially middle mgt is overkill in structure.....need to thin out the herd and improve performance!

There are newer employer reviews for UPS.

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!