US Air Force

www.af.mil
  www.af.mil
There are newer employer reviews for US Air Force

Incredibly rewarding

I have been working at US Air Force (more than 10 years)

Pros

Meet people from all over the world; learn many different jobs; belong to a 'family' of professionals

Cons

No cons for being a member of the elite USAF

4380 Other Employee Reviews for US Air Force (View Most Recent)

Great company. I have enjoyed my 20 plus years serving.

Current Employee - Flight Chief Air Force Recruiting Service in Charleston, SC (US)

I have been working at US Air Force full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The job security and training is the best

Cons

I dont really have any cons

Great place to work with never a dull moment!

Current Employee - Attorney in Wpafb, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Attorney in Wpafb, OH (US)

I have been working at US Air Force full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A chance to put your patriotism into action and serve our country. Many varied career opportunities. Good benefits. Has made great strides in Equal Opportunity, although there is still a long way to go with respect to rooting out things like sexual assaults and harassment. Physical training is encouraged for civilians, and mandatory for active duty. Strong health programs. Smoke-free buildings.

Cons

Most units are typically understaffed, and "urgent" deadlines never end, so you'd best thrive on pressure. Family life could suffer is you're in a chronically overworked unit. Salaries relatively modest. Still too much sexual harassment, but they're working to reduce it. Need more emphasis on safety in some facilities, e.g., they need to stop blocking some of the fire exits in some locales. "Business outlook" depends on avoiding fiscal cliff. Much of the family housing is still substandard and far too small by contemporary standards.

Crack down even harder on safety violations and sexual harassment/assaults! Eliminate excessive micromanagement in some units. Maintain/increase emphasis on health and fitness. Raise standards (e.g., square footage minimums) for family housing.

There are newer employer reviews for US Air Force