US Army
3.9 of 5 4,261 reviews
www.army.mil Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Over 26 years experience in management, recruiting, and career counseling.

Career Counselor (Former Employee)
Franklin, PA (US)

I worked at US Army full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe Army has a very competitive salary, and educational benefits. The Army pays for all training and supplies all necessary equipment to perform all assigned tasks.

ConsThe Army has long work hours depending on your individual job or specialty. Also you may be required to leave you family for long extended periods of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advise I can give to management is to listen to your subordinates suggestions and ideas. They are the ones that actually do the job and have first hand knowledge on how to make things better.

It was a great experience with tons of cross-training.

Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee)
Fort Campbell, KY (US)

I worked at US Army full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I learned a lot about how human resources actually work within an organization. There was always a chance to cross-train and learn other things. Also,… Cons: Leaving people you grow close with, having to change assignments that may be fulfilling to do something less… Advice to Senior Management: Promote on work ethic and merit. More

Eye opener

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at US Army full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great benefits, served my country Cons: Lack of common sense in some leadership, Long long hours, no respect… More

There are newer reviews on US Army.

Worked for US Army? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Army reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Army CEO John McHugh. All reviews posted anonymously by US Army employees.