There are newer employer reviews for US Army

Over 26 years experience in management, recruiting, and career counseling.

Former Employee - Career Counselor  in  Franklin, PA (US)
Former Employee - Career Counselor in Franklin, PA (US)

I worked at US Army full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The Army has a very competitive salary, and educational benefits. The Army pays for all training and supplies all necessary equipment to perform all assigned tasks.

Cons

The Army has long work hours depending on your individual job or specialty. Also you may be required to leave you family for long extended periods of time.

The only advise I can give to management is to listen to your subordinates suggestions and ideas. They are the ones that actually do the job and have first hand knowledge on how to make things better.

5469 Other Employee Reviews for US Army (View Most Recent)

Transportation Officer

Current Employee - Brigade Deputy S4  in  Fort Drum, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Brigade Deputy S4 in Fort Drum, NY (US)

I have been working at US Army full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Free to develop new techniques while being mentored from proven processes. Ability to serve our country is probably the best perk and will always be a great memory for me.

Cons

Hours, hours, hours. This is not your average 9 to 5 job. Work weeks usually average around 50hrs and on occasion more. Flat salary pay is a definite negative.

Listen to your subordinates. Although they may not have the right answer, your ability to listen and help coach/teach/mentor is always a valuable source of encouragement.

It was a great experience with tons of cross-training.

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist  in  Fort Campbell, KY (US)
    Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Fort Campbell, KY (US)

I worked at US Army full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I learned a lot about how human resources actually work within an organization. There was always a chance to cross-train and learn other things. Also, you get to change your scenery every couple years, which isn't so bad. I loved working with a multitude of people in international and domestic settings.

Cons

Leaving people you grow close with, having to change assignments that may be fulfilling to do something less satisfying, always being at the "need of the Army", and not always getting promoted in a timely manner.

Promote on work ethic and merit.

There are newer employer reviews for US Army

Worked for US Army? Contribute to the Community!