USAA

www.usaa.com
  www.usaa.com
There are newer employer reviews for USAA

Not good, unhealthy work environment

Current Employee - Senior Representative in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
Current Employee - Senior Representative in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I have been working at USAA full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

bonus, 401k, walking trail, bank on premises to get your money

Cons

Poor management, unable to write consistent performance reviews and not able to figure out that employees talk to each other and figure out they are not equal , and are discriminatory. Unequal pay for performance., also they say it is ok to cheat on statistics used in the reviews., in other works no two employees do same stuff or have exact same skills, they ID candidate ahead of time. they a

Fire a few of you. Stand up to upper management on how to treat employees instead of driving them away , treat them with dignity and respect. Don't abuse power. You are greedy and only think of yourselves and getting your big bonus at the end of the year not caring about how this affects the employees states of mind....ect...Dont find error in all calls like required, coach to avoid error instead.

839 Other Employee Reviews for USAA (View Most Recent)

Great customer service, tough employer.

Current Employee - Member Relationship Specialist III in Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Member Relationship Specialist III in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at USAA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Health insurance, matching retirement, educational assistance, paid time off.

Cons

Head-set fatigue, sitting for long hours, tethered to a cubicle, not allowed to think outside of the box, treated like a child, account for every minute, scripted phone calls, observed and analyzed, low pay, must meet referral criteria. This is from an employee who meets company expectations. Personally I hate it. If you can hang in there and be a robot for a few years, I hear it gets a better. Some employees have been there for 10-20 years. I don't get it.

Find a way to be #1 in customer service while treating employees like adults, not robots.

Awful deal for the family if planning to relocate

Current Employee - Java Developer in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Java Developer in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at USAA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Bigger and stable company with good asset

Cons

They offered my spouse and they say its a family relocation. How is that possible when the other person will not be offered after the interview.

If both are unfit for the position, then I agree, there is a reason not to offer the other person a job. When wife has worked for very good companies as full time employee, they denied her and offered only the husband which is not fair for the family to relocate to that place. DISGUSTING!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for USAA