There are newer employer reviews for USAA

Financial Planning Intern

Former Employee - Financial Planning  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
Former Employee - Financial Planning in San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at USAA as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Interesting team based work
Got to meet with lots of senior management

Cons

Could tell our work wasn't really needed. They were more or less scouting out our talent to see if they wanted to recruit us.
Very conservative company.
Even if you work super hard you won't be promoted much faster than anyone else

781 Other Employee Reviews for USAA (View Most Recent)

Phoenix office treats their insurance employees like they're in middle school

Current Employee - Financial Foundations Specialist  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Foundations Specialist in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at USAA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice physical office and property. Nice parking garage. Great security on-site

Cons

Extremely condescending new-hire manager for the insurance classes. Job is extremely micromanaged by a bunch of policies set by simpletons that would sink in the real world if it were not for their "diversity".

Its sad to see how your continuing to ruin a great company with your incompetence.

Stop outsourcing to companies that do not value their employees or step up to help those struggling.

Former Employee - Msr  in  Springfield, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Msr in Springfield, MO (US)

I worked at USAA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

USAA itself seems to be a good company with great benefits and wages but the companies it outsources to (Teletech in particular) are awful.

Cons

Using third party contractors that do not care for their employees beyond the scope of what did you get for your last MSAT score does not help the company. At the third party company I used to work for, people were treated very poorly. If you were sick, instead of healing at home they would make you sit beside a garbage can and take calls. If you are in the emergency room, in a car wreck or something else unfortunate happened, they did not care. You would be threatened to be fired for anything. The third parties USAA contracts with does not train their employees, does not give raises ever (instead they pocket any money USAA gave us for raises), and constantly threaten to fire people for anything, including missing work for Jury duty or Military Drills.

Take an active interest in the welfare of the employees working at the outsourced sites beyond a mere glance, after all these people service your members too.

There are newer employer reviews for USAA

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!