USG
www.usg.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Great people. Process laden.

Applications Management (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at USG full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI worked with some of the best people ever in this company, free with knowledge sharing, professional in their fields, and tons of fun socially.

ConsThey over-reacted to Sarbanes Oxley and locked the company down so tight with process that they squelched creativity. Micro-management abounds. The bad economy creates a tense atmosphere with annual layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou could get a lot more out of your employees if you let go of the reins.

Great people, so-so environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at USG full-time

Pros: The people and networking experiences made USG Corp great. If you put yourself out there, managers, directors, VP's, etc. are available to meet… Cons: Many layoffs and minimal (one) merit increases during the downturn. USG has a new strategy and the attitude of Sr. Mgmt is, "get on… Advice to Senior Management: When business picks up for USG, reward the employees that stuck around. Get… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good opportunities to move around, but not sure where they are headed

I have been working at USG

Pros: Great people to work with at many levels Cons: Strategically lacking a sense of direction More

There are newer reviews on USG.

Worked for USG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at USG reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for USG CEO James S. Metcalf. All reviews posted anonymously by USG employees.