Uber

www.uber.com
  www.uber.com
There are newer employer reviews for Uber

Great company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Uber full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company with a lot of interesting problems to solve.

Cons

Not big enough to be a big company but not small enough to be a startup anymore.

374 Other Employee Reviews for Uber (View Most Recent)

The Best Job of my Life

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Uber full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Each city acts as their own startup. You make the best decisions possible for your city as a team. There is no micro-management, no big overhead, and no limiting constraints. HQ empowers you to make the best decisions for your specific city, and it's incredible. I'm obsessed with working here and helping Uber grow.

Cons

Don't work for Uber if you're not willing to miss major holidays like New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, etc. This is the time when we are the busiest. It's really not that big a deal--you can still celebrate with your coworkers, and it's kinda fun.

Also, if you don't like to work hard (and work smart), then Uber won't be a good fit for you. They're seriously only looking for the best who really believe in the company and want to help continue its growth.

Finally, if you are uncomfortable with taking (calculated) risks, and doing things that have never been done before, you should steer clear of Uber. Our culture supports bringing new and innovative ideas to the table from every city around the world.

Stay awesome, stay inspirational. You guys rock.

Not for everyone, but the most exciting opportunity you'll get

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

Super challenging, all engrossing , intellectual environment with extremely high levels of ownership. You are working for a company that's truly transforming cities across the world and it's an opportunity to create true and direct impact in lives of people. The company has a very transparent and direct culture, and that further promotes the sense of ownership amongst employees at all levels.

Cons

This type of lifestyle is not for everyone. Your life and thought will revolve around Uber, and while some might love this entrepreneurial culture, it might not be the best thing for everyone.

There are newer employer reviews for Uber