Ulta Beauty

Fast growing, but disorganized

Finance/Accounting (Former Employee)
Bolingbrook, IL (US)

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFast growing company. No 100% direct competitor. Competitive salaries and benefits. Constantly achieving new benchmarks. Room for improvement creates an atmosphere of opportunity for associates to make their name.

ConsTend to "put the cart in front of the horse" when implementing projects. Implementations never seem to achieve desired results that were originally presented. Lack of cooperation between departments, which might be common at other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster cooperation between departments.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Easy job, but low pay

Cashier (Current Employee)
Noblesville, IN (US)

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time for more than a year

Pros: Easy job as cashier good employee discounts Cons: pay, getting days off, schedule came out Wed or Thurs… Advice to Senior Management: Get schedules out MUCH sooner!! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Decent company to work for.

Key Holder (Current Employee)
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time for more than a year

Pros: The discount at the Salon was good (50% off) for employees, you get to work with some great people who turn into friends, the brands… Cons: -THE PAY. Depending on what you do, task team members make way less than what they deserve. Cashiers with more experience than others should get… Advice to Senior Management: Look at the types of managers you're hiring and look at your associates too. Some of us actually worked… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ulta Beauty.

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ulta Beauty reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ulta Beauty CEO Mary Dillon. All reviews posted anonymously by Ulta Beauty employees.