Ulta Beauty
www.ulta.com Bolingbrook, IL 5000+ Employees

Adequate

Hair Designer II (Current Employee)
Naples, FL (US)

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time for more than 3 years

ProsUlta offers benefits,even if you work minimal hours. It's a fun atmosphere to work in. It's all makeup and hair products, so there's lots to play in.

ConsYou have to jump through many many hoops to qualify for benefits as a hair stylist no matter how many hours you work.
Also, there's lousy communication and accountability. Bad managers are not held accountable, and employees are often left feeling unheard and unappreciated.

Started off amazing and then went down hill

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ulta Beauty for more than 3 years

Pros: -gratis -discount -variety of brands -working with customers -most of the staff was really awesome… Cons: -had a DM who has never run an Ulta and was very UNPROFESSIONAL. would talk about other GMs to GMs. Checked FB while on store… Advice to Senior Management: -you should hire DMs who have worked their way up. Hiring someone who has never worked in an Ulta only makes them numbers driven and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Mixed emotions

Salon Manager (Former Employee)
Surprise, AZ (US)

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Access to new products and education on hair and skin care. In… Cons: Unfortunately the company is growing so fast that they have lost that more personal vibe. As a Salon Manager I have seen some disturbing treatment… Advice to Senior Management: There are some amazing folks in upper management. Some have reached out to me after I resigned. Please listen to your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Ulta Beauty.

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ulta Beauty reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ulta Beauty CEO Mary Dillon. All reviews posted anonymously by Ulta Beauty employees.