2004 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Happy Employee

Current Employee - Director  in  Hartford, CT (US)
Current Employee - Director in Hartford, CT (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

Fair and equitable place, room for advancement, support of goals

Cons

constant fluctuations and re-orgs, not enough team building situations or activities

a clearer idea of what our overall goal and outlook is without any of the bells and whistles would be nice. show us that the daily stuff that affects us also affects you.

Other Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Negotiate smart!

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

This is a great place to start a career. Good training programs. The company greatly embraces working from home. Your best bet is to develop some skill and expertise in one of their systems or processes. This will give you exposure around the company. Also, Look into other areas of the business like OptumHealth and UHN. These areas generally provide more dynamic programs and leadership.

Cons

Starting pay is generally low and doesn't go up much from there. Better to leave the company and come back. This is not as risky as it sounds and many employees to this. Just don't burn any bridges.

In addition to your merit based incentive program add one that is tenure based as well to encourage good people to stay.

Not for the faint of heart

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minnetonka, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group

Pros

High-profile projects, many businesses within the group. Dynamic. Ambitious people.

Cons

Cutthroat competitiveness that starts at the top and never stops. If you want to spend half your day making sure someone else gets the blame that something didn't complete the day before it actually began, and you don't mind sacrificing others, it might be the place for you. Benefits are appalling for a healthcare company. Corporate infrastructure is a morass.

Encourage more good work and discourage clawing to the top.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!