There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Health Advisor

Current Employee - Health Advisor  in  Chico, CA (US)
Current Employee - Health Advisor in Chico, CA (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked for a lot of companies and this is by far the best. Decent health insurance, sick leave, vacation and consist schedules. The management I work for is very supportive.

Cons

You cant save the world and make every customer happy. Some people are just not happy no matter what you do. They take their frustration out on the person wearing the headset.

Remember the employees on the front line dont get a lot of time to review new info much less the excessive amount of email you send us. It's nice to try to keep us in the loop, but video/audio communication is a waste of time. I just have to delete it as I am too busy to watch or listen to it. Also, I would be more than happy to work OT more often if there had not been so much Manditory OT for the last year.

1995 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Welcome to Slavery....

Current Employee - Health Advisor  in  Greensboro, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Health Advisor in Greensboro, NC (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Income, PTO balance of 144.5 coming in....great co-workers

Cons

Where should I begin...this company does not care about its employees. Especially those of us on the front lines....we are just a metric. I had such high hopes for my career at United Healthcare and then my child got sick and I learned there was no sick time...that's right you read it correctly! A Fortune 25 company that doesn't offer it's employees sick time. You have to take an "occurrence" which leads to write-ups and possible termination. Oh and that 144.5 hours of PTO you have...how about you can't use it because of "business needs".

I was told that my schedule was from 9:30am-6Pm. I haven't worked my normal schedule but a handful of times since I've been there what with all the Mandatory Overtime. This week alone our site will have pulled over 50 hours Mandatory work hours and we are slated to be the same way next week! When am I supposed to see my family! When am I supposed have a life?! You have to beg and plead to go to the doctor and you can't use your PTO to cover it...no no no....you have to make up your OT hours. I feel like I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. Can't quit...got mouths to feed. Can't complain because they don't care.

The employees complain all day long ....i know they have to hear it. They just don't care. So how can they care about members?

Management makes empty promises like "if you get all of your knowalgents (online policies/procedures updates) done then we will offer Voluntary Time Off and you can go home early." So everyone scrambles to get their updates done and then guess what ...yep your still there on Christmas Eve and the day before Thanksgiving.

What really sealed the deal for me as to how management felt about us is when the Business leader said we were going to have a team food day around the holidays. How about everyone brought food and the Business leader went around handing out carnival style raffle tickets to the employees that brought dishes and those were the ones who could participate in food day. Never mind payday wasn't until that Friday...never mind the fact that she didn't notify in her joyful email any details on participation. No food.NO eat. So there we were ...those of us who had not brought lunch in anticipation of "Food Day" forced to scrounge up what we could and delightfully answer member calls. Hard act when in the back of your mind your resenting the company and the value they put on you as an employee even more.

I won't even get into the crappy benefits? What A-List insurance company gives average/below average benefits?

We are the faces and voices of YOUR company to YOUR members> We are intelligent, dedicated, hard workers who want to be treated with dignity & respect. Consideration should be given to our Work/Life balance. If we are not healthy and happy how an we effectively do our jobs? I read these reviews and it is sad because you have all the resources to turn this thing around and stop the revolving door at UHC. Care about us and you will see a difference not only in employee engagement but I believe in member satisfaction & stock growth as well!

Without a doubt one of the best companies to work for!!

Current Employee - High Risk Care Manager  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - High Risk Care Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Integrity, loyalty and caring about ethics. Just a overall great company to work for.

Cons

Need to have more opportunity for promotion/bonuses for those employees who always go above and beyond. Often don't hear enough from upper management on success of what we actually accomplish for the company as a whole. Insurance benefits could be better particularly since we are health care employees and also we should have offerings such as silver sneakers to help promote improved employee health.

Reward your people who make you look good on a daily basis and also listen to the insurance members and what they are saying about your employees and why they won't go elsewhere for insurance products.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!