2006 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Health Advisor

Current Employee - Health Advisor  in  Chico, CA (US)
Current Employee - Health Advisor in Chico, CA (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked for a lot of companies and this is by far the best. Decent health insurance, sick leave, vacation and consist schedules. The management I work for is very supportive.

Cons

You cant save the world and make every customer happy. Some people are just not happy no matter what you do. They take their frustration out on the person wearing the headset.

Remember the employees on the front line dont get a lot of time to review new info much less the excessive amount of email you send us. It's nice to try to keep us in the loop, but video/audio communication is a waste of time. I just have to delete it as I am too busy to watch or listen to it. Also, I would be more than happy to work OT more often if there had not been so much Manditory OT for the last year.

Other Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Great place to work. Employee appreciation is there. Benefits are good.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Accruing vacation. Good management. Possible relocation to unexciting places. Or is Kansas exciting?

Cons

Room to grow is limited.

Good company trying help people in a complex healthcare enviroment

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Job autonomy, flexibility, independence
    - Creating a new culture that rewards employees based on integrity, work ethic not tenure
    - Solid benefits package (vacation, discounts, health plan premiums)
    - Honest employees all driven toward 1 goal: helping people get healthier
    - Upper management is extremely engaged

Cons

- As with any large company, you need to make sure you talk about your accomplishments with your manager/leadership or else they will never know
    - Obtaining data for reporting and analysis is complicated, inaccurate and often challenging
    - Upper management engagement slows projects due to competing schedules and resources
    - Company culture is evolving and not yet concrete - not everyone is on the same page as to what is expected of an employee
    - Heavy amount of meetings each day (mainly on the phone due to hugely a virtual environment)
    - Virtual environment can be challenging (time zones, schedules etc.)
    - The healthcare environment is ever-changing and extremely complex; some may not excel without the ability to be resilient to change
    - Employee Health plans have huge deductibles that out way low premiums advantage

- Continue driving the company culture toward a common goal so employees know what is expected of them
    - Advise leadership to delegate tasks more often so that projects can be completed under budget and on-schedule
    - Advocate for stronger work/life balance (I.e. No meeting Friday afternoons)

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!