2006 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Good job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Sunrise, FL (US)
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunrise, FL (US)

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management was very supportive and personable. The director makes it a point to learn everyone's names. Supervisors were always willing to assist. Training provided was adequate but it depends on the effort one puts into using it.

Cons

The only cons were that there were gaps in training. There was some gossip amongst reps. The job can get a little frustrating if you don't know how to deal with customers.

Other Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Flexible, but no interest in employment development.

Current Employee - Enrollment  in  Lisle, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Enrollment in Lisle, IL (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I am a telecommuter that has been the only benefit in my position. They offer a wealth of employee centered programs.

Cons

I have been in the same position for over 6 years, with no employee development opportunities or employee advancement. I have been very ambitious and express my desires to all my managers which has a high turnover rate.

Promote from within, experience and dedication should carry employee who may lack the education a long way within the company. Allow employee to shadow and explore other facets of the company.

Go far & get reorganized out of the picture. Look close--extremely positive reviews are new employees or faked.

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Sunrise, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Sunrise, FL (US)

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary can be quite good, time off as well. Health benefits are middle of the road. The company has a good welcome, all smiles and friendly. Training used to be top notch, now it's paint by numbers type classes.

Cons

Dental benefits are in need of a overhaul. Many good benefits have been watered down to the point that they create a lot of confusion resulting in employees paying more than they should. Corporate reorganization is rampant at all times. No one has the same master plan resulting in having no stability or consistency. I had one manager who was with the company for 14 years who had been reorganized out of her job 6 times, finally she was reorganized while on sick leave (she was told she was fired). Ethics are applied only when senior leaders can't get around them. (particularly with plans funded by the govt). Everything is about making a buck and the members and employees be damned. It wasn't always this horrid, when I started 7 years ago it was a nice place, but the past 4 years... Sorry.... it's been going steadily downhill and picking up speed. Much of training is done by those who can't do the job or don't understand it enough to explain it. Those that did are long gone. If your manager likes you promoting is possible, if not you will find the door (or be shown it)

Get a organizational structure and stick to it. Don't expect things to be done overnight because you failed to consider all the ramifications. Take ethics to heart and start enforcing the policies you sing about on day one. Look at the statistics of who has left over the years and who they report to, you will see patterns that are very clear, especially with regard to minority groups.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!