There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Not a bad place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is good, you get a lot of PTO days and the company is good about letting you use them. There is room for advancement if you work hard. Most of the people you work with are competent and easy to get along with. They are really big on community involvement and will provide money to charities in your name if you volunteer enough hours with them.

Cons

There is a huge disconnect between senior management and the majority of employees. They have unrealistic goals and don't provide enough resources to meet them. Medical benefits are pretty lousy for being the largest insurance company in the US

2022 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

Flexible, but no interest in employment development.

Current Employee - Enrollment  in  Lisle, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Enrollment in Lisle, IL (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I am a telecommuter that has been the only benefit in my position. They offer a wealth of employee centered programs.

Cons

I have been in the same position for over 6 years, with no employee development opportunities or employee advancement. I have been very ambitious and express my desires to all my managers which has a high turnover rate.

Promote from within, experience and dedication should carry employee who may lack the education a long way within the company. Allow employee to shadow and explore other facets of the company.

Good job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Sunrise, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunrise, FL (US)

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management was very supportive and personable. The director makes it a point to learn everyone's names. Supervisors were always willing to assist. Training provided was adequate but it depends on the effort one puts into using it.

Cons

The only cons were that there were gaps in training. There was some gossip amongst reps. The job can get a little frustrating if you don't know how to deal with customers.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!