There are newer employer reviews for University of Phoenix

Very enjoyable

Current Employee - Faculty in San Jose, CA (US)
Current Employee - Faculty in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at University of Phoenix as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Teach on-line from home. Ability to "give back" to society and help others gain educational knowledge and help them move up in the world

Cons

Contract based so pay flow can be unpredictable. As in all teaching the pay really isn't that great

678 Other Employee Reviews for University of Phoenix (View Most Recent)

Best career I had until the last year

Former Employee - Senior Enrollment Advisor
    Former Employee - Senior Enrollment Advisor

I worked at University of Phoenix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent understanding of culture, experience, opportunity (depends on location), Mentors, all the support in the right team. I was a top producer that doubled my salary (untill the pay changed due to DOE) in 4 years I was making $62,200 made Senior and loved it! If you are motivated, love a challenge, and team work- this is the place for you.

Cons

My campus was the "old school" type- a manager that was only an enrollment advisor for 6 months, then trainer turned manager- book wise she was brilliant- but she didn't have the people skills and drove away top producers for the campus- including myself. I found myself skipping work and couldn't handle after being on her team for my last year. I had even helped with her transaction by talking to others to help them adjust to her team.

Don't promote to promote- if you see that your top producers are leaving- listen to them- especialy if they get mediation involved- that is a sign they want to stay but need change. I will always "dislike" this woman- I loved my career... I miss them.. reflect... and see if you have a cancer then focus on that infected cell.. not the healthy ones being infected..UPDATE: Just found out today- she was fired... there is hope!

fast paced for profit school concerned with success

I have been working at University of Phoenix

Pros

Wonderful atmosphere for students to learn. Team effort to enhance student success.

Cons

Students do not always understand the pressures of working at University of Phoenix and become angered easily.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Phoenix