Finance Advisor

Current Employee - Finance Advisor  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Finance Advisor in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is my first job out of college and I feel I have learned a lot about working in a professional setting. I am also very appreciative of the MBA degree I obtained here. I am grateful for everything that University of Phoenix has done for their employees.

Cons

There isn't much room for moving up anymore. I don't feel that this is the fault of the company.

Other Reviews for University of Phoenix

UOP

I have been working at University of Phoenix

Pros

flexible hours to complete work

Cons

not paid enough for amount of work done

show your appreciation by increasing pay

Soul crushing place to work

Former Employee - Enrollment Counselor  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at University of Phoenix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free classes for employees, and you are encouraged to take them. Very good health benefits. Clean work environment, intelligent people to work with. If you care more about profit than people, you can make a lot of money.

Cons

Ruthless. Very hard core sales environment. Think Glen Gary Glen Ross. I have been in sales for 30 years and never had such high pressure to sell. If you really care about students and want what is best for them you will have a hard time being successful. Although they attempt to hide it behind their "matrix" to stay under the legal radar, your pay depends on how many students you can enroll.

Be more honest to prospective enrollment counselors that it has very little to do with counseling and everything to do with "closing" the deal, i.e. sales.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Phoenix.

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!