VMware

www.vmware.com

VMware is a great place to work.

Senior R&D Manager (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA (US)

ProsVMware recruits and hires top talent, so you're surrounded by good people doing good work. Everybody seems to be very passionate about their work. The management team is very strong, so I feel confident in their ability to keep up the incredible success that VMware has had to date. VMware's meteoric rise makes it an exciting place to work with ample opportunity for advancement.

ConsThe main downside currently are the growing pains from doubling in headcount every year. Some of the reasons that made VMware a great place to work years ago are becoming diluted and/or fundamentally changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs VMware continues to grow, it is critical that we address the difficulties caused by scaling up. In a company where 40% of the people have worked there for less than a year, it is too easy for the overall nature of the company to change in a negative direction.

Competitive atmosphere, you'll go as far as your skills and ambition will allow. No free rides or automatic promotions.

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at VMware

Pros: Stock options are not overly generous, but the company is public and they do tend to pay off, mostly. Products sell themselves. Collegial atmosphere. Freedom… Cons: Career paths not clearly defined. Due to lack of automatic promotion, career paths have been put on paper, but no one is guaranteed anything. If… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to Diane. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

VMW Rocks !!

QA Engineer II (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at VMware

Pros: Amazing technology being developed by amazing people... very dynamic organization... Cons: None really... everything about VMW rocks... Advice to Senior Management: Keep listening to us... and make sure that VMW crosses… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on VMware.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!