Vanderbilt University
www.vanderbilt.edu Nashville, TN 5000+ Employees

Great place to do graduate research in any biomedical field

Graduate Student (Former Employee)
Nashville, TN (US)

I worked at Vanderbilt University full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCutting-edge research, PhD students receive highly-competitive stipends, free health insurance, rec. center, and waiver of tuition

ConsAcademic researchers aren't fully focused on training and preparing you for your next career move. They're focused on getting funding and doing research.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide career development source through routes other than advisers. Even my adviser who I consider to be top-notch could've done better to clue me in on some things. For example, I had looked for positions at PUI's and liberal arts colleges that don't require a postDoc but wasn't informed about the seasonal nature of such position announcements. They come out in October. That one piece of knowledge up front would've saved me a lot of frustration looking for such positions during the off-season.

Lots of benefits, but organizational structure puts employees at a disadvantage.

Research Analyst I (Current Employee)
Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Vanderbilt University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Many jobs at Vanderbilt have flexible scheduling, autonomous work environment, excellent… Cons: The organizational system at Vanderbilt often means that others will be managed by someone who is not "officially" their manager. This creates a situation where… Advice to Senior Management: People should be compensated fairly for the work they are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very good school to study

I have been working at Vanderbilt University

Pros: very nice environment, good professors. Cons: location is not good nor job searching More

There are newer reviews on Vanderbilt University.

Worked for Vanderbilt University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vanderbilt University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vanderbilt University CEO Nicholas Zeppos . All reviews posted anonymously by Vanderbilt University employees.