Vanguard

www.vanguard.com

Great place to work- very unique culture

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Malvern, PA (US)
Current Employee - Project Manager in Malvern, PA (US)

Pros

very nice people, good work life balance, rotational culture

Cons

not very diverse work force, location, some people take advantage of the good work life balance

Increase diversity, more options for other locations

Other reviews for Vanguard

Management has destroyed the service side of the business, Depressing place to try to feed your family or grow a career

Current Employee - Bond Trader  in  Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Bond Trader in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Pros

Site location, licensing for new employees, they cater to diversity, its a job, physical work environment is above average compared to BofA, Merrill Lynch, Schwab, and others in the area.

Cons

Don't be fooled by HR's only selling points of great benefits and a great place to grow a career. The benefits are on par with fortune 500 companies benefits. Unfortunately for every good supervisor or manager there seems to be one or two bad applies (other supervisors/managers). A lot of employees find their boss uses them at their expense to look good rather than being a coach, mentor, or leader. Basically doing the right thing can be very harmful to a lot of people's career at VG. Management does not practice what they preach. If you say ANYTHING possibly construed as negative it will be used against you, guaranteed. Many employees will throw others under the bus to get ahead or just flat out lie. Good people are leaving the company and I will be joining them before or in June I hope.

Creating burn out jobs to turn employees every two years is not ethical. Project one is a joke - Didn't you all learn anything about why assembly lines were created? Charles Schwab is not VG.

Depressing, stressful, no work-life balance at all

Current Employee - Retirement Associate  in  Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Retirement Associate in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Pros

Company hires employees without licensing. Clean work environment. Easy commute to work if you live in North Scottsdale. Places to walk for lunch across the street. Gym and apartment in area.

Cons

Horribly depressing call center starting the week after you get out of training. I can barely breath at work. Supervisors don't care about you, just your performance and what makes them look good. The environment has burned out most of my friends and everyone wants to find a better job. I'm being payed to work the job of two people or threatened with disciplinary action. I met expectations last year and received a 2% raise since I was told that is the norm across the board.

Try working my job on the phone for a week and you'd cry.

There are newer employer reviews for Vanguard.

Worked for Vanguard? Contribute to the Community!