Veeco Instruments
www.veeco.com Plainview, NY 500 to 999 Employees

Looking at Veeco? Keep looking.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I have been working at Veeco Instruments

ProsSanta Barbara is a great place to live.

ConsManagement is clueless and detached. Reorganizations seem to occur regularly at six month intervals, and these lead to three problems:

1. Projects get lost in the shuffle. As an engineer, you have no confidence that what you work on will still be considered a priority in six month's time.

2. Every reorg seems to introduce yet another layer of management. Even as a senior
engineer, I'm still five layers from the top. More and more of my time is spent generating
reports so that all of my bosses will look productive.

3. Management (especially the newest members) don't seem to know much about the technology they are supposed to be driving. Admittedly, it's arcane stuff, but there's no excuse.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention and try to figure out why people are leaving the company.

Good place to tread water

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Somerset, NJ (US)

I worked at Veeco Instruments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good pay and benefits and great technology. Broadly skilled employees… Cons: Little opportunity for advancement or career development. Leadership is cliquey. Organization Is top… Advice to Senior Management: Focus the organization outwardly. Too much time and energy is spent internally.… More

Great people, challenging work, hard to advance

I have been working at Veeco Instruments

Pros: Great group of individuals to work with. Challenging work and always supported… Cons: Hard to find opportunities to advance in the company without PHD. Feels… More

There are newer reviews on Veeco Instruments.

Worked for Veeco Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Veeco Instruments reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Veeco Instruments CEO John R. Peeler. All reviews posted anonymously by Veeco Instruments employees.