Hard company to compare to.

Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time

Pros

Security, Company Support, Benefits, Vacation and Family time, Opportunity, constant change, always at the forefront of its industry

Cons

retail hours, multiple weekends, high quotas make it hard to make extra commission, need to do your research about market share before taking a mgmt position to establish the extra $$$ that you can get, held accountable for metrics that you don't have a lot of control over

do research about location, market share, be prepared to be held accountable but w/ little control, but ultra rewarding if successful

Other Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  Rome, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Rome, GA (US)

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing training program
    Good corporate culture
    Never see the same thing twice
    A great place to learn to build lasting realtionships with your customers.

Cons

The toughest part of working for verizon is major change taking place all the time. Goals change, jobs change, and comission rates change. You have to be open to change or you won't be happy and won't last with the company.

If at all possible, Think about how you approach your employees. You can seem alittle out of touch to what we deal with in cusotmer facing positions. Make sure that your stores have the items they need to sell.

Outstanding

Current Employee - Technical Support Coordinator  in  Rochester, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Coordinator in Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than a year

Pros

Career progression, great networking, leadership that cares.

This is the best job I have ever had, and the amount that this company cares about it's employees is outstanding!

I was hired in September of 2011 as a customer service representative. I said that within a year, I will be a technical support coordinator. Within 8 months, I was a member of a team that acted as a point of contact while a supervisor was otherwise engaged. After 9 months, I was a senior representative, and within 10 months I had applied and was accepted into the technical support coordinator position.

As long as you set a goal for yourself, this company is the best company to work for. They will assist you with any training or assistance you need in order to get to the level you wish to be at.

Cons

Escalated customers can be very opinionated, but a level head will get you through any situation.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!