Vitacost

www.vitacost.com

Opportunity Abound and a Happy Environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boynton Beach, FL (US)

ProsI have worked for several large corporations in my career and this is the first time working for a "smaller" company. Vitacost has a LOT of opportunity and as support functions and management find new and better ways of doing things and getting products to market faster - they don't sit in ivory towers making decisions with no input. They rally the teams and get a round table approach to problems and find REAL solutions.

As for the previous comments about "no more employee lunches" and "no free goods" - well you obviously don't know what is important in a work environment. The measure of a successful company, is its ability to grow and evolve. When you stay stagnant and rest on your laurels of the "yesteryear" you fail.

The CEO (as every CEO does) expects results. If you are expecting less from any management team, perhaps you should find another field. However, different from the other companies I have worked at, the CEO here sits with his people, is interested in their personal lives, their education on the industry.

As for the comment about excel skills and no industry experience - the measure of a truly successful merchant is being able to learn the widget, analyze the information about its performance, negotiate better metrics and EXECUTE. I have worked as a buyer in half a dozen vastly different industries and never failed at getting them to grow. Its the measure of your ability to manage a business, not necessarily know every detail of one particular product category before entering into it.

The morale is the BEST I have ever experienced. I genuinely am excited (as are most other emplyees here) and happy about coming into work everyday and feel motivated and encouraged to continue to grow. Feedback is given and performance measured but its an environment where I feel I can make a mistake and not be made to feel that I am not valued because of it. Its definitely one of the best companies I have worked for and am excited about growing as the company grows!

ConsRegret I didn't come here sooner.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the awesome work and the company will continue the healthy upward growth towards greatness!

Consider this place if you want a heart attack and dead end career

I have been working at Vitacost full-time for more than a year

Pros: Coffee, free expired products, gym, Florida location, close to lunch… Cons: Where should I start? We used to have a discount and free products, that is no longer happening. We also used to get… Advice to Senior Management: Tighten up the trust and get a consulting firm in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A Permanent Dark Cloud In Sunny Florida

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL (US)

I have been working at Vitacost full-time for more than a year

Pros: The building is located in a comfortable, corporate suite with lots of room and the facilities are in okay shape, although quite boring. There… Cons: The majority of the staff act like they have had their life drained out and are scared about being beaten up by senior or middle… Advice to Senior Management: Look at what industry leading companies like Google and other tech… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Vitacost.

Worked for Vitacost? Contribute to the Community!