There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Organization is full of silos

Current Employee - Senior Director in Deerfield, IL (US)
Current Employee - Senior Director in Deerfield, IL (US)

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

Strong financial footing, despite ESI setbacks
Pharmacist-centric organization - their value is understood and opportunities for career growth are available; not of other healthcare practitioners
Diversified healthcare services - lacking cohesive integration

Cons

Myopic senior management - focusing on script fills as the only meaningful means of revenue
Antiquated systems - especially computer/IT that holds the company back.
Resting on their laurels of success 1-2 decades ago - times are changing and they say they are able to change but no one does so.

Advice to Management

Bring in new leadership from the outside - too many like-minded individuals who only know the Walgreens way.

reviews filtered by
  1. was a good place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Goshen, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Goshen, IN (US)

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

my store manager is the best

Cons

going down hill employees mean less to them everyday, pay cuts ext..

Advice to Management

keep your employees happy if you want quality work and excellent customer service, show them your loyal and do what you can to make things right while corporate shows how little the care.

2. The go to guy

Current Employee - Store Team Leader in Bethpage, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Store Team Leader in Bethpage, NY (US)

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

Great benefits. There is room to move up, but some has to quit, step down, or a new store would have to open, otherwise you will have to wait a long time.

Cons

A lot more on the negative side here on this position. There is a lot of responsiblity place here. This includes and not limited to: pulling out dated items, managing counts, disposing damaged goods, packing out. That is for the whole front half of the store. Besides that one day a week of closing and opening the store. this includes dealing with costumers, managing employes, handling cash. All of that would be fine only if I was getting paid for the work I do. 11 dollars an hour, meanwhile managers get paid almost double that, yet have much less responsiblity. All they have to do is make sure that the store looks okay....any actual set responsiblity, no!

Advice to Management

Store team lead, should be a higher position then the assist management. More work more pay. They treat my position as a manger, so pay me like one.