Walgreens

www.walgreens.com

Walgreens used to care more about their employees

Current Employee - SFL  in  Portland, OR (US)
Current Employee - SFL in Portland, OR (US)

Pros

Good benefits. My boss really does care about my well being. I am told how much I am appreciated.

Cons

pay. Hard to get someone fired from Walgreens unless they steal or fail a drug test.

Pay your employees better. Base it on loyalty to the company ( how long someone has worked for you), their experience, and job performance. Stop giving yourselves enormous raises and bonuses when the workers who make the company what it is do not get bonuses at all and work holidays for you. A 2.5% raise is not competative in todays market especially for those of us who have worked 9 years for you.

Other reviews for Walgreens

Used to be promising. Promises failed lately.

Former Employee - SIMS  in  Hemet, CA (US)
    Former Employee - SIMS in Hemet, CA (US)

Pros

If you work hard you can get hours, but they constantly discontinue job positions. Even pharmacy techs get put as cashiers, and asst managers lose their position because if you make a good salary, they discontinue your position.

Cons

They don't promote a personal life. I never could plan a family even or make doctor appointments until I retired.

You really don't respect good employees

Walgreens.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Mankato, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Mankato, MN (US)

Pros

Flexible scheduling and I guess that's about it now I just have to finish the word minimum so that I can continue.

Cons

They are getting rid of this position and expect that all current Assistant Store Managers take a pay cut and title with no authority. They also expect the new position to do the same amount of work for less pay.

Can't take time off around Christmas.

No time with family.

Take care of your employees. Right now you don't care about any of them. See things from our prospective.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!