Walgreens used to care more about their employees

Current Employee - SFL  in  Portland, OR (US)
Current Employee - SFL in Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits. My boss really does care about my well being. I am told how much I am appreciated.

Cons

pay. Hard to get someone fired from Walgreens unless they steal or fail a drug test.

Pay your employees better. Base it on loyalty to the company ( how long someone has worked for you), their experience, and job performance. Stop giving yourselves enormous raises and bonuses when the workers who make the company what it is do not get bonuses at all and work holidays for you. A 2.5% raise is not competative in todays market especially for those of us who have worked 9 years for you.

Other Reviews for Walgreens

Growing, positive company

Current Employee - Photo Specialist  in  Tualatin, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Tualatin, OR (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Walgreens has a good environment whether you like a fast-paced work experience or a workplace with a slower, more steady appeal. It has something for everyone and offers motivated individuals the potential for growth and advancement.

Cons

As stated previously, those who enjoy fast-paced work environments or a slower, more relaxed workplace will at times be faced with the opposite.

Listen to and engage employees about ideas they have. Listen to good ideas or offer corrective information about why a particular process or policy is in place.

Under-appreciated and sometimes overworked! (Cashier)

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Walgreens part-time for more than a year

Pros

The work was trivial and the hours weren't bad. Additionally, the compensation was average for the industry.

Cons

The management would change every few months and some were not pleasant to work with. Other employees did not pull their share and I would have to pull their weight. Often just 3 employees running a store.

Hire better employees and pay them more attention

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!