There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Walgreens used to care more about their employees

Current Employee - SFL  in  Portland, OR (US)
Current Employee - SFL in Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits. My boss really does care about my well being. I am told how much I am appreciated.

Cons

pay. Hard to get someone fired from Walgreens unless they steal or fail a drug test.

Pay your employees better. Base it on loyalty to the company ( how long someone has worked for you), their experience, and job performance. Stop giving yourselves enormous raises and bonuses when the workers who make the company what it is do not get bonuses at all and work holidays for you. A 2.5% raise is not competative in todays market especially for those of us who have worked 9 years for you.

3447 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

Not the environment for people seeking job satisfaction

I worked at Walgreens

Pros

Exciting industry transfoprmation experience and opportunity to meet many stakeholders across multiple consumer & client touchpoints.

Cons

Leadership mis-aligned, inability to delegate authority, yearly reorgs, minimal infrastructure to reflect anything but # of pills sold, unprofessional behavior condonen, the smart people leave or are pushed out, paternalistic organization.

Bullies never succeed in the long run

Used to be promising. Promises failed lately.

Former Employee - SIMS  in  Hemet, CA (US)
    Former Employee - SIMS in Hemet, CA (US)

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you work hard you can get hours, but they constantly discontinue job positions. Even pharmacy techs get put as cashiers, and asst managers lose their position because if you make a good salary, they discontinue your position.

Cons

They don't promote a personal life. I never could plan a family even or make doctor appointments until I retired.

You really don't respect good employees

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!