Walgreens
2.9 of 5 2,787 reviews
www.walgreens.com Deerfield, IL 5000+ Employees

Potential career downgraded to just a job.

Certified Photo Specialist (Current Employee)
Toms River, NJ (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFriendly co-workers and management; pays the bills; relatively stress-free job; the work you do is appreciated

ConsLack of performance based raises (2.5% across the board does not make me want to do more); customers at times (it's retail, you have to expect it); WAY too much bureaucracy (corporate does not understand how stores actually work); low employee morale, especially with management restructuring. This went from a potential career path to just a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe store-level employees are an intricate part to the company. Cut back the bonuses you are writing yourselves and show some appreciation to people who help drive the sales that write your paychecks.

Not the best, not the worst.

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good coworkers. Potential to move up in the company. Cons: Cutting costs in too many ways for no reason. CEO does not seem to care… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to and look at the little guys for a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A good place to be

Photo Specialist (Current Employee)
Lemont, IL (US)

I have been working at Walgreens part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The store is a good place to be, it is a good company to start… Cons: It is retail at its heart so it has the usual… Advice to Senior Management: Take some time and make it easier to listen to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walgreens CEO Greg Wasson. All reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees.