There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Good, for retail

Current Employee - Grocery Directs  in  Athens, GA (US)
Current Employee - Grocery Directs in Athens, GA (US)

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits, Excellent 401k matching, GED reimbursment, etc. Better pay than most retail stores, good chance to move up if you can get along with your bosses. Lot of opportunity.

Cons

Too many chiefs and not enough indians syndrome, our store manager micromanages too much, nitpicks over small problems while large ones get larger. Employees who don't work and carry their weight stay on while those who work hard are demoted, quit, etc.

Encourage personal responsibility and ingenuity in the lower ranks, it will boost morale. Hire a person to do a job and stand back and let them do it, only step in if they aren't getting the job done, but for the sake of other employees, remove them if they can't perform.

8038 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Wal mart bakery associate

Current Employee - Baker  in  Tulsa, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Baker in Tulsa, OK (US)

I have been working at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

way better than i imagined. The managers were polite, some of my co workers were really cool, gave me good experience. I worked my butt off and got on everyone's good side so I liked my experience.

Cons

not enough to pay your bills, low hours, they take forever to get rid of bad workers, when the hood rats and white trash come on the first of the month they have a terrible attitude. they take advantage of the good workers by keeping then were they are at rather than promoting them, and the food jobs are messy

please do not tell employees you are going to do one thing and ignore them. Fix the problems in the bakery.

Good store, bad manager

I worked at Walmart

Pros

Easy application, easy to find (esp. in a city), well organized, efficient, nice working environment

Cons

Customers can be hard to deal with, my floor manager was terrible

Have more worker review of the managers.. it's intimidating to speak up against a manager

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!