Walmart

corporate.walmart.com
  corporate.walmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Dreaded going to work

I worked at Walmart full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They provide income when other options aren't available. The other associates are generally nice people.

Cons

Lots of moving stuff around without forward motion. This lack of productivity holds done wages. The training is a joke.

Apply Peter Drucker's thinking

8782 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Good, for retail

Current Employee - Grocery Directs in Athens, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Grocery Directs in Athens, GA (US)

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, Excellent 401k matching, GED reimbursment, etc. Better pay than most retail stores, good chance to move up if you can get along with your bosses. Lot of opportunity.

Cons

Too many chiefs and not enough indians syndrome, our store manager micromanages too much, nitpicks over small problems while large ones get larger. Employees who don't work and carry their weight stay on while those who work hard are demoted, quit, etc.

Encourage personal responsibility and ingenuity in the lower ranks, it will boost morale. Hire a person to do a job and stand back and let them do it, only step in if they aren't getting the job done, but for the sake of other employees, remove them if they can't perform.

Wal mart bakery associate

Current Employee - Baker in Tulsa, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Baker in Tulsa, OK (US)

I have been working at Walmart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

way better than i imagined. The managers were polite, some of my co workers were really cool, gave me good experience. I worked my butt off and got on everyone's good side so I liked my experience.

Cons

not enough to pay your bills, low hours, they take forever to get rid of bad workers, when the hood rats and white trash come on the first of the month they have a terrible attitude. they take advantage of the good workers by keeping then were they are at rather than promoting them, and the food jobs are messy

please do not tell employees you are going to do one thing and ignore them. Fix the problems in the bakery.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart