There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Awesome review in the organization this

Current Employee - Clerk  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Clerk in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

amazing opportunities for growth and development and learning

Cons

salary, wages needs improvement for growth and improvement

Enhance learning objectives more and promote learning within

8058 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

WalMart Life?

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You have a job be happy about that.

Cons

Unrealistic goals, if you are salaried you will work 10 - 12 hour days because of under staffing.

Care more about your employees, without them you are broke.

Great for College Students with No Experience... Pretty Tastless for Anyone Else

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Walmart part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- From my experience they have worked pretty well with my college scheduled.

Cons

The cons I suppose are the same as any other retail store. Poor management, bad pay, crappy hours, ect. However, Walmart was actually kinda enjoyable 4-5 years ago. I was in high school and working in Garden Center and my fellow associates and managers were amazing. There were always people you did not get along with, but the good outweighed the bad at the time. Fast forward to today and is much worse than it should be; Walmart has not hired enough employees to efficiently maintain departments and still expect the same amount of work done! It would not be so bad if the managers also did not scold you for the jobs left undone due to lack of help. They expect impossible feats of there underemployed departments and while I understand how important it is for managers to push its employees to try and make up the difference, writing associates up, scolding them or being difficult to communicate with is giving this paltry job more stress than it really needs.

Be realistic. Push your employees to their fullest and demand the best from them at all times! If your scolding departments almost every week one of two things really needs to happen:
    1. Your department needs help! Maybe its underemployed, maybe there is a problem with communication, whatever it is find it and fix it! (easier said then done I'm sure) Don't scold employees making them feel like crap and giving them more stress because you don't care enough or don't know how to fix a problem.
    2. Sometimes that problem is an employee. If you need to chew someone out on a weekly basis because they are constantly making mistakes and don't care enough to correct them then you need to fire them. Stop keeping people that run off to a different department to chat, show up late, don't care to learn basic Telezon operations or are just plain lazy.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!