There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Loved it until transferred to a Team with very weak, non existent leadership

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Bentonville, AR (US)
Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Bentonville, AR (US)

I worked at Walmart full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity to get involved and contribute to improve processes.

Cons

Senior management sticks together even when a weak link is present. One of their own. Personnel says they are there to stand by you but this was not my experience. They went along to get along to my demise.

Actually take employee surveys seriously. How about an exit interview?

8458 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Experiences May Vary

Former Employee - Customer Service in Brookings, SD (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Brookings, SD (US)

I worked at Walmart part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked at a Wal-Mart in a college town. Most of the employees that I worked with were my age and we became good friends. The pay was good (plus our store achieved high numbers that resulted in strong profit sharing), the clientele were pleasant and hours were extremely flexible. Management was also easy to get along with and very approachable.

Cons

This is probably not the case for most Wal-Marts nationwide. I briefly worked at another location which was poorly run and serviced mainly difficult clientele. Retail is a difficult industry to work in for long periods of time, but there are worse than Wal-Mart.

Make it easier to move to different departments. It keeps the job interesting and prevents long-term employees from constantly feeling passed over.

Stressful and unorganized!!!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have weekends off... and thats it

Cons

I work late everyday and put in so much work into make everyone else job easy to come back to a mess the next day... The managers are no help cause they see whats going on and do nothing to fix it... For all the work you are going to do for the store, the pay is not worth it... I've worked with this company for 7+ yrs. and its only getting worse... I've seen management and associates have panic attacks and heart attacts and strokes from the stress this place puts on people and under the age of 30... so dont waste your time on the company unless you only need something temporary... and even then I would recommend another job...

You all need to get on the as page...

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart