Warner Music

There are newer employer reviews for Warner Music

It works to heart

Current Employee - College Marketing Representative in Bhopal
Current Employee - College Marketing Representative in Bhopal

I have been working at Warner Music full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

my dream to work here

Cons

i work for it to get knowledge

it works to heart scatter all over the world

98 Other Employee Reviews for Warner Music (View Most Recent)

My non-paid internship was a leap in the door.

Current Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Warner Music as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I've had about 8 internships in the course of my professional life, so when I say that my internship was, by far, the most valuable internship I've had - I mean it.

As an intern, I had the same expectations that other employees did. I was treated as though I was an employee, and I was allowed to flex my creative muscles to make a difference in the company. This was much different than any other way that I had been treated as an intern, previously.

I think WMG operates with a sense of confidence, positivity and respect, and that is what makes it a fantastic place for anyone to work. As an intern, you should treat every day as though you're being interviewed for a job. While the intern program is not as strong as it could be, it's 100% up to you to transform your internship into a job, which is something I have done.

Cons

If you are interning here for your first time ever, I highly recommend you take on an internship prior to this one to get familiarized with how it is to work in a corporate environment. You'll need to cultivate a sense of independence and professionalism to be successful here. It is not good for first-time interns, but for veterans.

Also, I think that the internship program is severely lacking and that there is a lot of room for improvement to show all facets of the company.

Warner Music Group/WEA Studio Service Internship

Former Employee - Studio Service in Burbank, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Studio Service in Burbank, CA (US)

I worked at Warner Music as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Outstanding internship to gain experience and knowledge of the music industry. My experience working here was a joyful one as I was assigned to several different projects. From the moment I received my badge to the day that I turned it in, I have enjoyed every bit of this internship. I am grateful for the opportunity and the knowledge that I have learned here. The team of engineers were all very welcoming and did not make me feel as if I was on any other level. The environment of working in the music business was exactly how I envisioned it to be. A very relax fun workplace to explore and expose your creativity. Everyone who works here looks like they enjoy life. There is a time for seriousness and then there is a time to have fun. All the employees here know how mix a good balanced healthy life. Music is life.

Cons

The challenges are very minor when it comes to working or interning here. The new words and programs could be quite intimidating if you have never been exposed to it. You will have to learn a new vocabulary working here to fit in. Definitely have to do your own research on certain programs and devices that are used to process music. You will have to learn a new database or even learn how to do invoicing. Your internship experience will truly depend on how hard you are willing to work. Study hard and prepare yourself so you can fit in the culture.

Help interns get job placements. The training here is unlike any other. I believe that some interns will be able to contribute their smarts and experience by hiring them to any position in the company. It would be a great asset to the company considering they started as an intern.

There are newer employer reviews for Warner Music