Weight Watchers
www.weightwatchersinternational.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

A Great Job to Make a Positive Impact!

Weight Watchers Meeting Leader (Former Employee)
Harrisonburg, VA (US)

I worked at Weight Watchers part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis is the job for you if you want to make a positive impact on people and motivate change! Service Providers (Leaders or Receptionists) at a local meeting location get great perks (employee discount on products, free WW magazine subscription) and many professional development opportunities. Working for WW is great if you are looking for part-time employment and the work is easy. Employees are "members first" and must maintain a personal weight goal that fit within prescribed WW program guidelines. It's great motivation to keep your own weight in check. I've gained job skills that have helped me in several different careers - presentational speaking, counseling, training, relationship-building, logistics, event planning, just to name a few.

ConsThis is not the job for you if you need to pay the bills. The wages and the hours just aren't there. It's not the most glamorous job either, you have to be willing to do a little grunt work. Many locations are in the Dark Ages technologically. Most importantly, you have to be a people person. REALLY. Weight-loss is an extremely personal endeavor and you have to keep a cool head and a positive attitude in front of members at ALL TIMES. Personally, you have to keep a good work-life balance and know how to play nice with others. Weight Watchers is a business, first and foremost, so recruiting and retaining members is a number one priority. The company is pretty heavy on policy and service consistency so it's probably not the best fit if you're the Lone Ranger type.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo Corporate: Your Territory Managers are GOLD! Treat them well and pay them fairly. Give them the tools (i.e., technology) to do their jobs effectively.

Weight Watchers forces employees to take training at minimum wage

Leader (Current Employee)
Newark, NJ (US)

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great Program, wonderful member interaction, excellent co-workers Cons: Many required training sessions that are mandatory but paid at minimum wage. Often given… Advice to Senior Management: Any mandatory training should occur during normally scheduled work hours and should equate to a leader or receptionist's normal rate of pay. Also there should… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Most rewarding job I have had in 30 years. Pay doesn't reflect all the work involved.

Weight Watchers Meeting Leader (Current Employee)

I have been working at Weight Watchers full-time for more than a year

Pros: Excellent training program. Fun, positive, upbeat co-workers. Great perks--free magazine, ActiveLink, and Member Kit, plus 50% off meeting room products. WW provides leaders… Cons: Pay at small meetings is minimum wage. Difficult to perform all tasks expected in time allotted at Traveler locations. Can be a lot of uncompensated… Advice to Senior Management: Address the inequities between Traveler/CHAMP/Store locations. The number of tasks required in the allotted time… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Weight Watchers.

Worked for Weight Watchers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Weight Watchers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Weight Watchers CEO James R. Chambers. All reviews posted anonymously by Weight Watchers employees.