Fair at best

Former Employee - Nurse Reviewer  in  Andover, MA (US)
Former Employee - Nurse Reviewer in Andover, MA (US)

I worked at WellPoint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Consistent employment. Never any news of "downsizing".

Cons

Felt Underpaid for the amount of work. Worked an average of 5-10 hrs of overtime a week without compensation. Got more respect from the clients and general population than from company managment. Was told consisitently "It is what it is". High turnaround times (dictated by contract) increases stress level of the job. Lost 6 nurses in a month. There were only 12 on staff.

Should be better compensation for the "professional" role desired by the corporation. Nurses continually have the highest "trustworthy" ratings on a consistent basis according to Press-Gainey. Profit before people was uttered many times in the office. You should review how much time and money are required for new hire re-training; it is more cost effective to keep you employees content. My opinion of overworked and underpaid was shared by many coworkers. Management was treated well.

Other Reviews for WellPoint

Former Teradata Developer/Portfolio Coordinator

Current Employee - Teradata Developer/Portfolio Coordinator  in  Mason, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Teradata Developer/Portfolio Coordinator in Mason, OH (US)

I have been working at WellPoint full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Consistently provides opportunities to grow personally and professionally. Up to the individual to make the best of what is offered, increase business awareness and contribute to Corporate growth and develop/mature individual skills that support Company industry competitiveness.

Cons

The only cons are if an individual chooses not to take advantages of personal and professional growth.

Get to know your employees individually, know your teams. Do not be aloof and distant from your teams. They are your most valuable resources and representatives of Wellpoint to the industry. Satisfied employees speak volumes to those outside the Corporation.

Great Company

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative I  in  Fond du Lac, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative I in Fond du Lac, WI (US)

I have been working at WellPoint full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Very Clean Office Environment
    - No Sales (in my position)
    - People are very positive and encouraging and will help you succeed
    - Lots of room for advancement more than any other company I've seen

Cons

- Starting pay is a bit low even for someone with more experience
    - The job is not for everyone
    - Must work for company for 1 year before considered for advancement

None at this time. I did give the CEO a thumbs down because I think all CEOs get paid way too much money and do less work than those on the front line. I feel this way about all CEOs. It's nothing personal.

There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint.

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!