WellPoint

www.wellpoint.com
  www.wellpoint.com
There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint

Fair at best

Former Employee - Nurse Reviewer in Andover, MA (US)
Former Employee - Nurse Reviewer in Andover, MA (US)

I worked at WellPoint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Consistent employment. Never any news of "downsizing".

Cons

Felt Underpaid for the amount of work. Worked an average of 5-10 hrs of overtime a week without compensation. Got more respect from the clients and general population than from company managment. Was told consisitently "It is what it is". High turnaround times (dictated by contract) increases stress level of the job. Lost 6 nurses in a month. There were only 12 on staff.

Should be better compensation for the "professional" role desired by the corporation. Nurses continually have the highest "trustworthy" ratings on a consistent basis according to Press-Gainey. Profit before people was uttered many times in the office. You should review how much time and money are required for new hire re-training; it is more cost effective to keep you employees content. My opinion of overworked and underpaid was shared by many coworkers. Management was treated well.

560 Other Employee Reviews for WellPoint (View Most Recent)

Generally great company with competitive pay & benefits; however, varies significantly by department.

Former Employee - Various Analytical Roles
    Former Employee - Various Analytical Roles

I worked at WellPoint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Stable company overall; competitive benefits; executive management has programs to identify "High Potential" associates and presents those identified with challenges and opportunities to succeed. Compared to other companies, there seems to be less politicking by management. Less friction between departments than at some competitors.

Cons

Certain decisions are made at Executive level do not seem to consider the impact to lower levels. I was never personally impacted by this but know of others who were. This probably comes with any big corporation, though. All my managers were fair-good except one; who was ultimately removed from a management role.

Great Company

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative I in Fond du Lac, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative I in Fond du Lac, WI (US)

I have been working at WellPoint full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Very Clean Office Environment
    - No Sales (in my position)
    - People are very positive and encouraging and will help you succeed
    - Lots of room for advancement more than any other company I've seen

Cons

- Starting pay is a bit low even for someone with more experience
    - The job is not for everyone
    - Must work for company for 1 year before considered for advancement

None at this time. I did give the CEO a thumbs down because I think all CEOs get paid way too much money and do less work than those on the front line. I feel this way about all CEOs. It's nothing personal.

There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint