There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

decent company overall

Current Employee - Teller in Charleston, SC (US)
Current Employee - Teller in Charleston, SC (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good. It's a pretty supportive environment and good work/life balance. It's easy to move up.

Cons

They are a bit demanding when it comes to "solutions". That's a term you will become very familiar with should you get a job there. They do terminate people who don't meet the goals. I also feel like we get coached to death. I understand they want us to get good service scores but it's a bit much.

Advice to Management

putting so much emphasis on sales hinders service. There should be a balance there.

reviews filtered by
  1. Decent Employer for one of the large US banks

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Senior management will support you in your decisions and if you prove yourself they will advise you on your career and provide guidance to you.

Cons

Big Bank Blues... Can run into challenges with any company this large (HR restrictions on moving into new positions, etc)

Very good company to work!

Former Employee - Customer Saleas and Service Representative in Fort Pierce, FL (US)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great management, very good company to work for. The have a good structure and tend to prepare you for the outside world. I believe a Banker at Wells Fargo is ready to be a Top Banker at any other Financier Institution.

Cons

The focus on sales tend to make them forget service. And Many team members are trying to get to the top using the shortcut of bringing down other team member or have them fired!

Advice to Management

Take a little bit more time to talk to the Bankers and let them know how much you appreciate the job they do. Also try to focus more on services than too much on sales when it comes to measures quotas for bankers.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo