Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com
  www.wellsfargo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

overall experince

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Charlotte, NC (US)
Current Employee - Personal Banker in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

its a great company to work with

Cons

bigger company bigger the sales pressure

when hired internally offer low salary , internal employees should be compensated the same way as external.

6926 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Regional Private Banker Minneapolis, MN

Former Employee - Regional Private Banker in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Regional Private Banker in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

technology is great. working for a large company, it is possilbe to have a long rewarding career. 401k and vacation time are generous. Salary is average for this position in the marketplace. Midpoint for a seasoned private banker 1 is 55,000. Private Banker 2 is 62,000. both have annual and quarterly bonus potential.

Cons

Sales expectations are high; bankers have a dotted line reporting to an affluent sales coach; be prepared for intense one on ones at least once or twice a month to review sales pipeline. Bankers are responsible for achieve 3 of four metrics in deposits, investments, loan, and partner referrals.

Great Job for a Family

Current Employee - Teller in Tucson, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Teller in Tucson, AZ (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The schedule is great, as are the benefits. Not working evenings ensures I can always be home for dinner with my family. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. Since there are relatively few in a branch compared with larger corporations, you really have an opportunity to become like a family.

Cons

The focus on sales and referrals takes away the opportunity to give good customer service at times, though I understand it's necessary. The pressure to get them can make the job more difficult than it should, but you should know that going into it.

Asking tellers to yell "Welcome to Wells Fargo!" as soon as someone walks into the branch doesn't make our customers feel welcome. If anything they look at us weird and it feels akward. If it's that important, it would be better to have a designated greeter who can say it in a quieter and more dignified way.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo