Ground Hogs day

Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Depending on what office you work at can be very fun. Everyday is different at western dental.

Cons

The hours are horrible. Also do not let the title fool you, your job is totally about sales, you are not there for the patient care

reviews filtered by
  1. The WORST company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator
    Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator

I worked at Western Dental Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no benefits to working at this company.

Cons

I was with the company for a little over a year. Over the course of that period, I had 4 different managers, 3 different regional managers, and probably 10+ new coworkers (that should tell you something about how the company treats their employees). If you want work to over 40+ hours a week, but be required by your manager to clock out once you hit your 8 hours in order to avoid overtime (which is against the law) and be belittled and disrespected by the "corporate" office (who contribute little to improving the efficiency and productivity of your office), I would definitely work at this company.

If you come into the company as a Patient Care Coordinator, expect pay from $11-$13 ($13 if you have a degree and good looks), "bonuses" that come in the form of a piece of paper (I have never received any bonuses on my paychecks), lack of opportunity for growth (they rarely promote from within), and constant disrespect from the corporate office.

Sales if the main focus of this position and any doctor, DA, RDA position (convincing patients they need something that they really don't). Patient care comes in second. No matter how well you treat your patients or how well your sales numbers look, the company will never show you appreciation, but instead will constantly call your local office to slander your name.

Run away from this company as soon as possible. Do not sacrifice your happiness, well-being, and pride for a measly paycheck, empty promises, and lack of opportunity.

Advice to Management

Take a step back and identify what mission your company is striving for. If it's one with low moral, employee appreciation and dissatisfied patients, I would say you are doing a great job.

2. Practice Development Manager

Current Employee - Practice Development Manager
    Current Employee - Practice Development Manager

I have been working at Western Dental Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good multi site experience in healthcare setting.

Cons

Poor leadership and providing inconsistent direction.

Advice to Management

Provide consistent metrics and feedback.