It was OK...horrible pay!

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  New York, NY (US)
Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Wet Seal part-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I worked with were pretty decent. We all got along really well. The atmosphere of the work environment was pretty good. The manager I had was OK at first, after being there a while her true colors started to show. She was annoying and LAZY! Wouldn't do much if not any work, I'm truly surprise she is manager of the store. Another good thing was the employee discount-it's not like their products are "pricey" so a 40% discount is awesome! This job is good ONLY if you're a HS student or this is a first time job. Can't work here wanting to make a living for yourself!

Cons

Not a lot of hours
Bad pay (but what can you expect it was .25 cents over minimum wage)
If the store was really REALLY slow employees were asked to clock out and buy items from the store. Yes true we had to clock out and buy merchandise even if we did not want too! Very unprofessional! A lot of "call ins" and sometimes they would take your hours away if the store is really slow so you can sometimes only one 1 day a week! Not good. No room for growth.

Other Reviews for Wet Seal

Ok as a starter job

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Wet Seal full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Discounts
    -Employees are very friendly
    -Offers benifits

Cons

-Horrible upper management.
    -Low salary
    -high turnover

-Realize when you have quality staff and not promote on the wet seal image.

I guess some people with the right personality could love it

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Wet Seal part-time

Pros

good discount (40%), managers and coworkers were all very nice, flexible schedule

Cons

The main problem I had was the way we had to try to sell to customers. I seriously felt like I was harassing them. As a customer I hate to shop in that kind of environment and as a worker it made me feel stressed, uncomfortable and awkward. Never would've applied had I known, only lasted a few weeks before I quit..we weren't working on commission but that's what it felt like..too bad because it would've been a decent job otherwise

There are newer employer reviews for Wet Seal.

Worked for Wet Seal? Contribute to the Community!