There are newer employer reviews for Workday

Corporate snake pit if you are on the wrong side of the political animals

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA (US)

I worked at Workday

Pros

Good potential for IPO, if you have the right manager it can be a great place to work

Cons

Toxic political environment, all the downsides of a large company crammed into a startup

Don't pigeon hole people and learn to accept criticism freely

140 Other Employee Reviews for Workday (View Most Recent)

Well run company

Current Employee - Software QA Engineer
    Current Employee - Software QA Engineer

I have been working at Workday full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Workday is a fun company that means business! We know how to make getting it done satisfying for both employees and customers which means that we have a lot of happy employees and customers.

Cons

Workday needs to invest in better chairs. We sit in those things for the majority of our waking hours, they need to be comfortable and ergonomic, and are worth an investment.

place an appropriate value on facilities rather than pinching pennies there.

Great people and culture, and interesting work

I worked at Workday as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

What sets Workday apart is the culture. They put a big emphasis on your personality, and it shows in the hiring process and your coworkers. I became good friends with several coworkers in just a few months. My manager did an awesome job and it was evident that he really cared about every member on the team. He would always check in to make sure that the workload wasn't overbearing and would ask for individual input. The work is fun and rewarding, and the technology is unique and innovative.

Cons

The company is growing at a rapid rate and new initiatives are constantly undertaken. As a result, sometimes the spec or design of a project could be clearer, so that employees do not waste time building something that will be scrapped because it didn't match the customer's/management's expectations.

Consider assigning senior engineers a lesser workload so they can act as mentors for younger engineers. I know some managers do this already and from what I've observed, it yields very positive results.

There are newer employer reviews for Workday