There are newer employer reviews for Workday

The IPO Train is full steam ahead..Hang on tight, or you might get run over

Current Employee - Applications Developer  in  Pleasanton, CA (US)
Current Employee - Applications Developer in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Next to Facebook, Workday's IPO is the most exciting in Silicon Valley. Cutting edge technology. The rate at which Workday can develop product is unbelievable, leaving our competition struggling to keep up. Vacation time was increased this year, and if the company hits its goals. Company meetings are fun, celebrities such as Captain Sully and Steve Young have attended in the past. We poke fun of our competition at the meetings,portraying SAP employees doing the goose step, and there is even art work of Larry Ellison being flushed a toilet at the company headquarters. Needless to say, product confidence is very high.

Cons

There is a lot of money at stake at Workday. Not only are the investments of our founders on the line, several millions of the famous Bay Area Tech funders and CEO's have there money wrapped up in Workday. As a result, things have tightened up. Salaries haven't been raised in years, and stock is being guarded tight. As it stands, the amount of work vs resources is stretched thin, and every overhead cost is scrutinized.

Look past 2012. The IPO is a very big milestone, however, building a sustainable company with good morale is of even greater importance. The IPO is going to make several people very happy and wealthy, but is that enough to retain talent and create a company for the future?

132 Other Employee Reviews for Workday (View Most Recent)

Exciting, fast growing organization which will be very successful

Current Employee - Corporate Sales Development  in  Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Corporate Sales Development in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Great core values
    Company is striving to be the best
    Leader in technology innovation
    The software helps our customers save time and money
    Top executives truly care about employees
    IPO

Cons

Interview process focuses on next steps after CSD, this rarely occurs
    Marketing takes all the credit for pipeline development which is very inaccurate
    Hit your goals quick or you're gone
    No true career path into outside sales
    "Fun" place to work

Workday is a talent management solution which allows top performers to excel in the organization. Maybe Workday should start using our own software to manage the sales group.

Workday has an outstanding work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Workday is a wonderful place to work. I love the work that I do and the people I work with.

Cons

We are growing so fast, it can be hard to keep up with the new hires week to week.

There are newer employer reviews for Workday

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!