Workday

www.workday.com
  www.workday.com
There are newer employer reviews for Workday

Senior Software Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice people/management, challenging projects, cool technology

Cons

I have no cons so far

154 Other Employee Reviews for Workday (View Most Recent)

Interesting company to work for

Current Employee - Product Manager in Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Workday is truly re-inventing how ERP systems work. Having been in ERP for 10 years, there is the opportunity to make business processes more efficient utilizing object modeling. That coupled with being SAAS makes for some interesting work.

Workday is really telecommuter friendly; they don't care where you work as long as you are available and you meet your deadlines.

I do believe the founders of the company want people to enjoy where they work. Lots of company events, a couple of game rooms, and people joking around make for a good environment even with the high workload. (The CEO does expect you to work). Certain departments are more stressful than others.

Cons

Health care and 401K options are disappointing; I've had better at other companies this size. Also the corporate culture can wear on you over time.

Re-examine the health care benefits. I feel strongly that we are not getting the best value for what we pay.

Long interview, sometimes lack of information flow to new employees, MASSIVE hiring!

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

The company does a great job of making all new hires feel welcome. However, they're hiring so many, so fast, that some new hires are waiting a long time to get access to file for their benefits and other resources. The training for consultants is quite arduous but you learn a lot in a short time.

Cons

I think the IT staff could use some supplementing to help keep up with the new hires.

There are newer employer reviews for Workday