World Travel Holdings

www.wth.com
  www.wth.com
There are newer employer reviews for World Travel Holdings

Not a Truly Remarkable Experience

Former Employee - Group Account Executive in Wilmington, MA (US)
Former Employee - Group Account Executive in Wilmington, MA (US)

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, co workers are great, great travel benefits, take advantage of latest tech so agents can work from home and usually works 80% of the time, great tech department.

Cons

Customer / Agent complaints never addressed, upper management has no idea what manager of department is doing, current manager has degree in marketing but has never booked actual travel as an agent and has no idea of actual process, not sure why this person even has this position, manager implements processes that are useless, time consuming and does not enhance agent or client experience. Uses 3rd party company to host group registration websites to collect guest information , credit card info and billing info thus leaving guests open to huge security issues if anything were to ever happen with 3rd party companies site.

Hire a manager that actually nows about booking travel as an agent, your group department should be as automated as your individual in house reservation system is, you would have more productivity, much higher overall agent moral and be much more efficient

86 Other Employee Reviews for World Travel Holdings (View Most Recent)

Great Travel company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with. I was allowed the freedom to do my work without a supervisor constantly watching me.

Cons

I think the outlook of the travel industry is slowly declining. The pay was alright. I enjoyed my job but I wish there was a little more upward mobility.

I believe that the senior management cares and trying their best.

Hire & Fire

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This seems like a great opportunity to work from home.

Cons

Every year they hire a lot of Virtual Travel Agents before the busy cruise selling season (November) & fire 99% of them after the cruise selling season is over in (March). You will never make anything above minimum wage--the commissions are completely unreachable & deceptive. I thought they seemed legit because they offered 6 weeks of training but this is not the case. In addition, you will miss most of the training because of constant computer issues while in training and after--another reason commissions are completely unreachable.

Get a Conscious!