Yahoo

As Good As It Gets

Editor (Current Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I have been working at Yahoo

ProsIf you must endure corporate culture, Yahoo has one of the best environments in the Bay Area. The main campus mimics the layout of a university, but its maturity doesn't have the patchwork layout of other newer campuses. There's something to be said about having a decent gym, grounds, and people who are cordial to one another.

ConsAs with any company that has been around for a long time, Yahoo takes a while to shed dead weight. Part of that is indicative of a lack of nimbleness, as well as the Silicon Valley fantasy of the flat structure. Besides constantly seeking new talent, there needs to be an equal measure of in-house development of talent. New managers should be required to undergo leadership training, and promotions should not go hand-in-hand with seniority.

Advice to Senior ManagementYahoo should be a content company. Period. It has the power and perhaps the responsibility to reshape the new media landscape.

I bleed purple!

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros: The culture at Yahoo is the best. The people you work with, the independence that you get to do the projects are some of the… Cons: 30% of the time, 30% of the employees are not doing anything. I am just throwing stats blindly here. But, most of the time the… Advice to Senior Management: Just focus on things we are good at and stop… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Love Yahoo!...but DISAPPOINTED

Exec (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros: People are great, culture is good, brand is fun Cons: Leadership at the Exexutive Level, decision making is impossible, Yahoo cant… Advice to Senior Management: Need to Listen, Need to Clean House (especially in Sunnyvale), Process needs to be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Yahoo.

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer. All reviews posted anonymously by Yahoo employees.