There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo

Software Engineer

I worked at Yahoo

Pros

Very challanging work environment. Fantastic engineers to work with. I've personally learnt a lot for the talented group. Good work life balance.

Cons

Not great senior leadership when I was working. The company tried to copy the innovations/ business models from the market leaders. I wish the senior leadership focused more on innovation.

1761 Other Employee Reviews for Yahoo (View Most Recent)

Fantastic company - great people

I worked at Yahoo

Pros

good brand value, large audience

Cons

Slow velocity
    redundant layers of management
    Many many Senior execs need significant introspection

They've at last got a great CEO. Now they need to deliver by removing layers of fat.

Amazing peers, frustrating organization

Former Employee - Search Editor  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Search Editor in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Yahoo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exciting work, and sense of pride throughout the company. A strong sense of fun and innovation, and camaraderie among teams. Many opportunities to learn and advance.

Cons

Constant reorganization - I had 10 managers in my last two years there. Often felt that senior management was detached from what we were doing, and there was no flexibility in, for example, HR policies for different kinds of teams. (E.g. The lowest performing person on a team of all-stars was put on performance management for low performers, even if his/her performance rating was in the top percentile across the organization.)

I think management have figured out that taking on new properties or companies needs to be done more thoughfully so that Yahoo! overall can be more integrated, open and effective.

There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!