Zones

www.zones.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Zones

Amazing Growth

Current Employee - Account Executive in Auburn, WA (US)
Current Employee - Account Executive in Auburn, WA (US)

I have been working at Zones full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I joined Zones from the campus hiring program and have had a great experience. The training is fantastic and I learn so much every day. Our partners are onsite throughout the week and provide custom training that I immediately put to use on the phones.

Cons

I'm in training a lot and it's hard to take time away from the phones.

More formal training on actual selling skills ould be helpful.

184 Other Employee Reviews for Zones (View Most Recent)

My Experience at Zones

I have been working at Zones full-time

Pros

Co-workers are cool.. well most of them

Cons

Where do I start...
    First they will tell you that you can make $100k/yr when in reality you will make $35k if you are lucky... now thats your base. SPIFFS they will keep from you unless you can close at 12pts in margin..which you wont because you wont win the business from the hundreds of competitiors that are going out at 1 point margin. Then you wont get commissions because you went out at cost so you can get numbers on the board so management would stop brow beating you for 5 minutes.
    After months of cold calling burned out leads that hate zones or dont have working phone numbers anymore you MIGHT get rewarded with a coloring book and crayons. TRUE STORY.
    This goes along with the structured break times and juice boxes you get on Wednesday and Fridays.
    If you are inept at anything else.. and dont mind dialing for crayons and being fired when you cant sell -then apply at zones.

Try being in sales for one day.. Good luck!

OK place to start don't plan on staying

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Auburn, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Auburn, WA (US)

I worked at Zones full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free food in the morning. Initial training is OK .

Cons

Incredibly low pay with no raises ever. Senior management treats most employees like a commodity that can be thrown away at any time. OK place to start but and place to be if you need a job but doesn't hold well for a career of any kind. No promotions unless you have been there slaving for 15 years +. Leads pool is awful one of the worst I have ever seen, you might get the same lead 3 other people have been calling into at the same time, just annoys customers and does not instil confidence in them to buy from you. Cant get the lowest costs for some reason zones will only let you buy most products from 1 to 3 distributors and they always change, I heard rumors it is because they give zones rebates that the reps are not paid on.

Sales is all about incentive working on an 80K dollar deal and know that you can only make $100 dollars doesnt motivate you to want to sell more it motivates your employees to look for a new job.

There are newer employer reviews for Zones